Seafood Expo Global is the largest meeting point for seafood professionals worldwide.
Seafood Expo Global offers to visitors the opportunity to gain full access to all major businesses operating in the industry.
Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global is the global seafood marketplace, serving industry professionals and buyers from across the supply chain.
Seafood buyers and professionals from more than 150 countries attend Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global each year. They consist of owners, purchasing managers, category managers, private label buyers and equipment and packaging buyers from retail, food service and other business categories such as:
- Cruise lines
- Grocery stores
- Large volume catering
- Import Export
- Super Market
*2019 post-event data
Seafood Expo Global categories:
- Fresh fish and seafood
- Frozen fish and seafood
- Value added seafood
- Seafood industry service providers
- Processed and packaged fish and seafood
- Processing and packaging equipment
- Via carriers and logistic support services, etc.
Statistics SeaFood Expo Global
2,000 exhibitors from 85 countries meet in the same space in 9 halls with almost every kind of seafood products, equipment and services. Thus, each visitor is equipped with stimuli and knowledge that lead them to make the best purchasing decisions for their business and customers.
- +29,000 seafood professionals from 150+ countries
- Exhibitors from 88 countries with 74 National and Regional Pavilions
- 93%, plan to attend the next Seafood Expo Global
- 83%, made a trade deal (found new products/suppliers)
- 75% plan to make a purchase as a result of attending the exhibition
- 94% achieved their goals in the report
- 99% plan to exhibit again in 2020
- 82% are involved in or influence purchase decisions
- 75% plan to buy after the exhibition
*Data after the 2019 event
- Healthy foods, 83%
- Local food, 63%
- High attention to product ingredients, 56%
- High attention to environmental impact, 38%
Evolution in Food Services
- 4% Food Service, market revenue of $81 billion
- +0.1% 275 083 restaurants
- +7.6% 10.5 billion meals served
- -0.8% $8 : the average out-of-home spend
- +5% in chains, +95% in independent stores
Number of Stores
- 413 hypermarkets
- 701 supermarkets
Where do Consumers shop & their market shares.
- GROCERY/FOOD SUPERMARKET STORES, 63%
- MASS-MERCHANDISERS/HYPERMARKETS, 46%
- CONVENIENCE STORES, 19%
- SMALL, LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD STORES, 16%
- WAREHOUSE CLUB STORES, 11%