ISM MIDDLE EAST

The heart of sweets and snacks in the Middle East is back again !

ISM Middle East will take place in Dubai, 07 – 09 November 2023, at the Dubai World Trade Center. ISM Middle East is the ideal exhibition for sweets and snacks industry in the MENA region.As the sweet industry of MENA is growing rapidly , so does the impact of ISM Middle East.  The exhibition combines together the best products in the world ,and the best buyers in the region. Take the opportunity and attract your potential audience ! Meet the industry’s most important exhibitors and buyers, get benefit from partnerships and be part of this unique event in one of the fastest growing regions of the world!
Since 2022, ISM Middle East officially belongs to the ISM family (ISM Cologne, ISM Japan), now carrying the corresponding brand name – until 2021, it was called  Yummex. It is co-organized by two of the largest trade fair organizers in the world: Koelnmesse (Anuga) and DWTC (Gulfood). The quality of the exhibition is ensured by them.

SECTORS IN DEMAND

  • Chocolates and chocolate products,
  • Cookies, snacks, nuts and crackers,
  • Candies and sugary products,
  • Sweets for diabetics,
  • Confectionery raw materials,
  • Jams, Honey & honey sweets
  • The ultimate platform for dessert & snack professionals.

Statistics from  ISM MIDDLE EAST 2022

  • 332 exhibitors from 42 countries (80% international).
  • More than 11,500 visitors from 100 countries.
  • 10,368 sq.m of exhibition space.
  • 21 international country pavilions.

Highest overall satisfaction score to date:

  • 94% of visitors said ISM Middle East is important to their business
  • 96% of visitors are likely to return in 2023
  • 83% would recommend the event to a colleague

General Data about the United Arab Emirates Food Market

  • The domestic production of the United Arab Emirates is quite small, and it covers  only a small part of the domestic consumption. Therefore, the U.A.E. depend the 80% of their  consumption  on food imports.
  • 85% of the market is controlled by large super markets such as CARREFOUR/GEANT, LULU, HOITRAM, COOP/Emirates Cooperative Society, SPINNEY’S, AL MAYA, ZOOM. The remaining 15% is distributed by small neighborhood points of sale.
  • Especially in Dubai , the big chains  such as Carrefour/Geant and Lulu have a market-share estimated between 50% and 60%, with 500 branches out of a total of 8,000 retail outlets.
  • Food consumption is increasing by 12% per year.
  • Industrial activity in the food sector is much smaller despite the high demand.
  • Distribution channels rely on imports from distant production units, for  raw materials or for  the re-export of products to other countries.
  • The main suppliers of imports are Europe and Asia.( they obtain the  80% of food imports)
  • Big chains choose suppliers who are willing to invest in supporting their products by imposing listed fees at agreed points of sale.

Extra tip: The rules imposed by the UAE authorities regarding product imports are largely in line with international rules and standards. Climatic factors and religious requirements should be taken into account. Extra attention is demanded on  halal certification, compliance with the ECAS standardization system and the expiration date of the products.

*Source: Greek producer-exporter’s guide to importing food into the UAE/Dubai Economic & Commercial Affairs Office

Sweets | Confectionery | Snacks

Cakes | Chocolate products | Coffee | Confectionery | Confectionery products | deep-frozen sweets | Dough Products | Honey | Jams | Sweets | Sweets & Confectionery

Exhibitors

332

Visitors

11.500

Exhibition Space

Dubai World Trade Center

Location

Dubai

10 reasons to participate in the exhibition

GALLERY

RELATIVE NEWS

Skip to content