Alimentaria Barcelona is the international exhibition- landmark for all professionals in the Food, Beverage and catering industry. The next one will take place from 18 to 21 March 2024, in Barcelona.
Alimentaria’s integrated exhibition program is powered by values such as: internationalization, innovation, gastronomy and expertise in the sector.
Alimentaria has gained a crusial role in the commercial transactions of North African countries, due to the geographical location of Spain, but also of Latin American countries (13% of visitors). Alimentaria act as a channel of communication and distribution around Spain , since Latin America is considered as the natural extension of Spain.
The alliance of two trade fairs, Alimentaria and Hostelco, has led them to the top, highlighting Alimentaria Barcelona as the largest international platform for the food, gastronomy and catering equipment industries.
Alimentaria emerge trends and anticipates business opportunities. It presents a new program , Alimentaria Trends, its aim is to bring together delicatessen, organic, functional, halal and allergen-free foods and other ingredients under the same exhibit area.
Alimentaria is essential for Food and Beverage industry professionals. It increases the range of exhibitors’ participation options and multiplies their business opportunities.
Visitors come from the following sectors:
- Food and beverage distributors (supermarket chains, central purchasing offices, supermarkets, etc.)
- Food and beverage wholesalers
- Retail and E-commerce
- Importers/exporters of food and beverages
- Catering (restaurant chains, restaurants, bars, cafes, travelers’ restaurants, collective, etc.)
- Lodging (chain hotels, independent hotels, resorts, cottages, spas, etc.)
- Food services for consumption away from home
- Food and beverage processors and transformers
- Foundations and industry associations
Alimentaria Barcelona Statistics
- 85,000 m of exhibition space
- 3,000 exhibitors from 57 countries
- 100,000 visitors from 150 countries
- 13,000 scheduled business appointments
- 13% of international buyers come from Latin American countries, with total exports to them estimated at over €850,000,000
- The Olive oil bar
- The organic Market trends
Countries – Visitors: (Europe)
- United Kingdom
- International Pavillions, National entries
- Lands of Spain, group entries from autonomous communities
- InterCan, Meat and meat products
- InterLact, Milk and dairy products
- Expoconser, cans
- Restaurama, food & delivery services
- Snacks, cookies and Sweets
- Mediterranean food
Top 10 Spanish Retail Companies
- Grupo Eroski
- El Corte Ingles
Consumer Trends in Spain
- Healthy foods, 83%
- Local food, 63%
- High attention to product ingredients, 56%
- High attention to environmental impact, 38%
Number of stores
- Hypermarkets 413
- Supermarkets 7,701
Where do Consumers shop?
- GROCERY/FOOD SUPERMARKET STORES, 63%
- MASS-MERCHANDISERS/HYPERMARKETS, 46%
- CONVENIENCE STORES, 19%
- SMALL, LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD STORES, 16%
- WAREHOUSE CLUB STORES, 11%
(Nielsen Global survey)